Thread: Cai
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
Rep:3883
Grubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond reputeGrubrunner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEOPYR8 View Post
I would agree with brandonjansen,s assessment.

I have the S & B CAI and other than the loudness factor I didn't see much if any improvement in milage or power, if there was it was fractional at best. I wish I'd seen the tread on modifying the factory air box first as thats the route I'd have gone. A K & N drop in and an additional air intake from the bottom of the air box would be cheaper. Not sure how much the new tube between the air box and engine would set you back though? Might bring it up to the same as some of the cheaper CAI cost. Plus you wouldn't have to take it off and install the original when you take it in for warranty work.
It's not too late.

If you're that displeased with your S&B, why don't you remove, repack and send it back to the place of purchase for a refund?

Grub out!