View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 12:09 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excoastie View Post
Anyone out there that has any personal knowledge of composite video cables? I'm referring specifically to those with RCA cable type ends. The video cables are typically yellow in color.

I was in search of a cable that was about 12 foot long locally, and the salesman at Radio Shack told me that any cable would work.. audio/ video he said it didn't matter as they were both simply shielded cables.

I'm thinking that this dude didn't know what he was talking about, and he was just trying to sell me an audio cable that he had in stock. He didn't have the right thing, so he figured he'd talk me into buying something that might work.

Is he correct or am I just looking for something sinister that doesn't exist?

Exco
If it has an RCA on it, they are pretty much all the same. The colored ends are for the user so it's easier to plug in left to left, right to right and video to video, etc. Composite is the lowest form of video cable you can use. So if someone tries to sell you a high quality RCA cable, tell them they are full of cockaroach poo poo.