View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013, 12:40 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4371
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

My opinion about this is I bought the unit knowing that if I did not want it anymore I could put my truck back to stock and sell it, recover some of the money I invested, also, If I want to try it on a buddies truck I could, or if I changed my truck I could move it over to that one. And when I bought this unit, they said, no problem, you can do this, even the installation manual says you can do this. But they decided without telling anyone about it to implement this new policy. Make you download an update that now blocks you from doing so, without your knowledge. So now a product that I was told was allowed to use as indicated they locked on me and I lost that right. To me that is bad business. Fraudulent enterprise and just plain illegal. There is also no information on there web site stipulating this and there manuals still say that you can still do the move from one vehicle to another. That is deceiving to the customer. Now, if the want to implement this new policy on all new units being sold, fine, indicate it and good luck with sales. Anyone that bought the unit before this implementation should have the same rights they had when purchased. Being held hostage by a company purely for profit is BS in my books. I am not agree enough to bash a working product on my truck and loose all my investment, but I sure as hell will try and get them to clear it when I sell it. There is a large chance that will happen.