View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 07:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 1999 Dodge Ram
Trim Level: Laramie SLT Quad Cab
Color: Black
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:10
Anken31 is on a distinguished road

Today, I disconnected the battery, cycled the key, waited about 30-45 minutes and reconnected. During the down time I took the Champion plugs out, put the NGK's back in to see if any difference. Spark plugs had a ton of fuel on them. I started it up, and it ran normal, and then when it heated up, started the same old misfiring/backfiring. I can ease into the throttle and not have any issues, but if I step on it, it just falls on its face still.

Also I hooked one side of the exhaust back up to the manifolds(the other side bolt snapped in half on me), and it was near dark so I was unable to get new bolts in(but I did get some). Will put them in tomorrow. I noticed I was able to hear sufficient flow through the cat, and out the tailpipe once again. Because there is no muffler on, and it's much more throaty. Will get the new bolts on this afternoon and update yet again. But I am still seeing no change.

We looked deep inside the throttle body, as far as we could see, and could not see any oil building up down there.

@Gen1dak It doesn't normally shut down on it's own. It is always under throttle, and mostly when you step on it(IE: Pulling out into traffic from stop sign), and after it warms up idle is rather rough. When I step on it, it falls on its face, and when it shuts down, it takes a huge gasp for air down the throttle body(best I can explain it). It more or less seems that it's relieving pressure, rather than sucking air in, when it is shutting down. I hope this makes sense, if not I can try and make a video. =/