View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 02:15 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:367
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

The difference between the front and rear of these trucks usually runs about 2.5-3" and you will only actually see 1.5-1.75" of actual drop out of the shackles. So if your front is stock, there is no chance that the shackles will cause it to sit nose-high or "uphill". The shackles will get the truck close to level by eyeball but you will still actually have a little bit of front rake, especially by measure.

My truck was leveled entirely by raising the front with the torsion bars originally. Then I installed the shackles and lowered the front down to make it level. Even so, based on measurements and visual comparison to trucks like mine, my front end is still sitting about .5-.75" higher than stock. Even so, it has never looked nose-high, even with a couple hundred pounds in the bed. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Also, FYI...this is the exact guy I bought my shackles from. He was the best price shipped and had them in stock for immediate shipping. As you see, he has 100% positive feedback. Communication was great and they were at my door in a couple days.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/mcgaughys-do...item43a832382f
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.

Last edited by starquestbd22; 09-23-2013 at 02:27 PM.