View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Ram Quad Cab
Rep:79
hoamskilet will become famous soon enough

A quick pic from the night of removal:

And a few pics outside the next day:

The pictures were rushed and didn't turn out like I would have liked, but I will update those when I get a better setting/time of day. The finish it left on the car is absolutely sick. The pictures don't even begin to do it justice. The gloss it leaves on the surface is awesome and left the smoothest feeling finish I've ever felt on a car. I obviously can't speak to it's durability, but just the way it looks leaves me no reason to believe it won't hold up like they claim (up to a year with normal use).

Some final thoughts:

Pros - The application is pretty easy and shouldn't take very long, especially once you've done it a couple time
- The kit as a whole is well thought out and complete
- The finish it leaves on the car is amazing. Leaves an incredible amout of gloss and the finish feels smoooooth

Cons - Really the only con I can come up with at this point is the process of removing the product. When I evaluate a product I put a lot of emphasis on ease on removal. I have a feeling operator error was the cause here (think I may have put it on too thick), but it'd be nice if it came off a bit easier even if it went on a little thick. I think I have plenty left in each bottle to do my truck, so I don't feel like I piled it on too excessively. Which that actually brings me to a suggestion. I'm guessing the bottles are metal for a reason, but if they could at least put some kind of "clear window" up the side of the bottle so you could see how much is in there it would help. Opening the bottle for the first time you'll notice there's a decent amount of space from the top of the bottle down to where the liquid is, so it's hard to gauge how much you're using as you go along. If you could keep an eye on how much you have left in the bottle, it could help you from using too much.

Value - I have no problem with $60 bucks keeping both of my vehicle sealed well for a year

All in all, I'd give Nitro Seal a solid B/B+. I'm going to be doing my Dodge Ram soon here, and if it comes off easier I'll be moving that grade up to an A. I'll be sure to update the thread after I'm done with my truck.