View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:24 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 2X4
Trim Level: quad cab SLT
Color: sunburst orange pearl
Rep:2625
GTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond reputeGTyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I sure miss the ACE auto parts chain of stores out here
most of those guys were either hurt while being a mechanic or retired mechanics
they all seemed to know the part numbers by heart
whether it was a Ford Flathead or a Classic Chevy

the Autozone within easy walking distance from my place, has music blaring some newer kind of what they call music
If they had to actually look in a Parts book, they would be lost
if it is not on the computer, they say that they don't have it, but can order it

I much rather go to a O'Rielly's & it is only a couple more blocks away

For classic car or racing parts, there is a hole in the wall parts store
they do machine work in house, you can get your Oxy/Acetylene bottles filled & Certified if needed
That is my kind of auto parts store
Ram 1500 SLT Quad cab, 5.7 HEMI(R) MDS VCT, 5 speed auto 545RFE, 3.55 differential gears, 18" Magnaflow muffler, EGR bug deflector, Bushwacker fender flares, customized Nfab nerf bars, CB radio, Autonet wi-fi router, custom soft tonneau cover, Line_X bedliner, DEBO Step, build date 10/15/08 a Wednesday built vehicle