View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 09:48 AM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgera View Post
I completed my dash removal and assembly to replace the heater core. A little history on my issue: I first noticed in 2008 no heat on driver side but heat on passenger side. I never bothered fixing it because I took it to the dealership and they told me it was blend door problem, actuator motor and the control switch.
This year I purchased a dewalt inspection camera drilled a few holes in the hvac box fed the camera in and saw not a leak but antifreeze residue on the heater core. So I went ahead myself to change it. I took apart way more of the dash that was even necessary. It really is not a difficult job as long as you are organized with where all the screws belong. And now after the install of the new heater core I have proper heat on both sides of the truck and the truck is running at a much cooler temperature. no actuator motor, or control switch or blend door was needed to be changed. however our problems may vary but again it is not difficult just takes a bit of time and patience. If anyone needs help let me know.
Excellent post, dodgera!