View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Has Internet Tourettes

Vehicle: 1995 Ram 1500
Engine: 1994-2001 318ci (5.2L) Magnum V8 220hp
Rep:1694
Warlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant futureWarlock III has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Warlock III Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock III

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJet View Post
What you guys may or may not know is there was an extensive test she had to take prior to employment. It wasn't just filling out an app and getting hired for the position she was hired for. She HAD to be knowledgeable before they would even consider her.
I did not know that. But It does reflect the experience and knowledge she has. If I can put my position a little more clearly.

I wish we had more people that want to do what they're doing (like Dana) and not just doing it because it's what they could get.

I worked in scrap yards for most of my life, and I actually enjoyed doing it. I believe that it was reflected in my work. I also had many, many, customers and accounts that refused to deal with my boss, and would only deal directly with me. So I can relate.

I also know that dealing with the general public isn't always the easiest thing to do and can be overwhelmingly frustrating at times. Moreover, there's the old adage that the customer is always right, which would have been applicable in Kyle's situation. I'd offer a suggestion, but learned never to talk a customer out of what they were asking for because if I was wrong it'd come back and bite me.

So in short, I wasn't chastising the industry as a whole. Dana seems to enjoy her job which makes her an asset...Kyle let 'em talk him out of what he asked for which makes him an ass (I'm really really sorry Kyle...I didn't mean that but it just fit so well). Kyle shrugged it off and went where he could get what he asked for.

They both have the right attitude in their situations and that's why I personally approved BOTH Point and Counter-Point
They were both absolutely right.

Last edited by Warlock III; 09-26-2013 at 12:49 PM.