Vehicle: 2013 Dodge RAM pickup
Trim Level: Big Horn - Pkg 26Z
Color: Blue Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Jackdashack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantman View Post
Welcome to da ClubZ Uncle Jack! Big congrats on your first Ram and don't worry, your mileage will improve a little bit once you get her broken in and her first oil change done. It is a truck with a Hemi but still gets near mileage numbers to challenge most V-6's. If your conservative with the foot. Anyways, you will appreciate the unbelievably smooth ride compared to any other truck brand out there, trust me. It is smooth offroad as it is on road. For your comparisons sake, I have a 2012 4x4 Hemi CrewCab with 3.55's and average 16mpg city/hwy mix and 19-20 straight hwy @ 72mph(my trucks sweet spot). 20k on my odom to date.
Well thanks a heap-0 Nephew! hahaha! Yes, ditto to all you said above. I am easy on it. Nothing to prove to other trucks, we got "the ONE" and only. And with only 200 miles on it I have been able to see 25mpg on cruise and even near 20 sometimes around town. This model has a display through the steering and I just discovered that I can see "live" the display of MPG as I use the pedal. Pretty neat. Someone suggested I get a "Bully Dog" the other day for this very purpose ... and all the time it was included in the display package. Glad I didn't spend that $300. I have purchased the nerfs, I like to call them step rails. I got some temporary seat covers, towel covers that say RAM on them. The weather tek things for floor and a bed mat even though there is a sprayed in bed liner from the factory/dealer. I have seen some sprayed in bedliners look pretty darn bad after a couple of years so I figured it's easier to take up a bed mat and put another down. I want to get some side molding to help prevent dings. But at this time I'm still parking miles away from the crowd so I can minimize dings. I am getting pretty good in finding lonely remote spots that no one parks. haha! Anyone relate to that at all. Thanks again for this welcome! ":-D jack