View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013
Trim Level: Express
Color: Mineral Grey
Rep:99
lbram81 will become famous soon enough

Your timing of this post couldn't be better!

So I myself was at the dealer about a month ago and they ran my truck through there automatic wash, (without my knowledge). I get home and notice my antenna was bent, called them right away and they ordered me a new base and all. In the meantime, I had a small 6'' black antenna I put on which I actually liked.

Went out of town last weekend (with my little black antenna on). My ride was 3 hours both ways. THE ENTIRE 3 HOURS THERE AND BACK MY TRUCK WHISTLED!!! Sounded as if there was an air leak in the windshield somewhere! DROVE ME AND MY OCCUPANTS NUTS!!! Called dealer and told them what it was doing, they said bring it in.

So this week was able to head to dealer. On my way there and all of the sudden it hits me: The factory antenna is designed to be silent at highway speeds! Pulled over, put on factory antenna, got up to about 80 mph, it was silent. Pulled over again, put on little black antenna, got back up to 80 mph, whistling like crazy!

Problem solved. Threw little black antenna in the back seat, had dealer replace antenna parts they ordered, all is good........

Taylor Swift IS NOT a country singer!