Old 09-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 3500 Dually A
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
Thunder Dodge is on a distinguished road

My 2012 Ram 3500 with the 6.7 is a pulling monster. I have the 3.73 gear ratio and I couldnt have asked for a better truck, LOVE the power and fuel mileage. My 2013 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually with the Aisin transmission with 850 torque was the worst mistake of my life. I drove 1600 miles or 2500 kms with 18000pds behind me. I have never driven a vehicle that fished back and forth to make up its mind between gears like that before. The truck grabs the fifth gear as soon as it drop 2 kms/hr. This truck tested my sanity levels for 2 days straight. I purchased this truck and praised ram for finally installing a commercial grade tranny behind the kick a$$ cummins and what a huge dissapointment it was. This design does not let the cummins do any of thework. My 2012 just lets that Cummins grunt in fifth gear until it drops roughly 8kms/hr and then it grabs a gear if needed. The 2013 with the Aisin is something I can seriouly do without. How could they not have tested the shifting patterns of these trucks under load before letting them go to the public. Or maybe they did, on one steep incline and called it good. How about in real world situations were the grades vary over several thousand miles. Very dissapointed in my truck ATM. Love the interior though by the way.