View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 05:33 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Rep:146
RadioFlyer will become famous soon enoughRadioFlyer will become famous soon enough

They can do miracles with door skins and bed skins. They have can openers, air chisels, rollers to roll the skin back on, spot welders, and seam glue to make it look brand new from the factory. It's not that they couldn't fix the dent, I think it's just cheaper to replace the skin vs the hrs to repair it not to mention sometimes it's you the owners choice or if it's new or you pay extra. They will probally have to replace your bed rail cap as well. They usually dont snap down and hold well the second time around. I repaired my dent in my truck un noticed and I repaired my sons 02 Chevy work truck soon after. I did both sides of his bed around the tires around a two foot long section caved in and smashed from trailer jack knives with a small single axle trailer. And each side close to the doors and on the doors and on the hood by the drivers hinge. He owns a lawn service and beats his truck to death. I worked the dents out the first day and grinded to a minimum of 0 to 1/8" fill in the creases only. It was pretty bad but it came out nice. The next day I did the bondo using less than a quart with half of that shaved and sanded and primed. His truck is white so we used white primer and it came out super nice. All said, I've owned several Chevy trucks and I always thought they were stonger skinned because on my 09 Ram always getting new dents somewhere unlike my Chevys. That was until I tried to get my dent out from my dog. Beleive me when I tell you, these trucks bed skins are stronger then we give it credit for. Could be why these guys didn't attempt to repair the dents. I removed my fenders to work in my engine bay and they are nothing like the bed skins. They are ultra light and feather weight thin.