Old 09-27-2013, 07:58 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about
Default Ford screwed me. Looking at RAM now... Info?

OK, so in April of this year, I bought a brand new 2013 Ford F-150 FX4 Super Crew, Ecoboost. I was aware of their being an issue on the 2011 and 2012 models, where you would be driving down the road (in humid or rainy conditions), hit the accelerator, and the truck would drop down in gears, lose power, check engine light, and start shaking violently. Well, I couldn't find any info on it happening on the 2013 model, and thinking that Ford would have it fixed by the 3rd year, I bought one. Well, I thought wrong. I had the problem at 5,100 miles and it nearly got me in a head-on collision. I take it to my local Ford dealership, they supposedly fix it and I get it back. Happened again at 9,550 miles and 9,850 miles (same trip). Come to find out, this is a huge issue and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has hundreds of complaints exactly like mine. As of right now, my truck has been in the dealers shop for the past 3 days. They are unable to "come up with anything" and have to consult a Ford engineer over the phone. If that doesn't work, the engineer has to fly down and take a look at my truck. As you can imagine, I'm pissed. This is a huge safety concern, and I'm basically done with the truck, and done with Ford. I'm taking the necessary steps in doing whatever it takes to get my money back (and hopefully get Ford to step up and do something about their issue, for the sake of other EcoBoost owners).

I'm looking pretty hard at the V6 2014 RAM 1500. I'm thinking about either an Outdoorsman, Laramie, or Larami Longhorn. I test drove a longhorn yesterday (V8 though), and loved it. All kinds of cool features, and I just can't get over the kickass Ram boxes (gotta have those). Are there any major faults or downfalls that are common on the 1500's that I need to be aware of? I've heard some bad things about the transmission, but I can't seem to find a lot facts on that. I just don't want to end up in my current situation again!
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.
Sponsored links