Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:156
RandyW has a spectacular aura aboutRandyW has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
I don't believe you can get the V6 in the higher trim models like the Laramie or Longhorn.... I think it's just SLT and lower models. That's something you might want to look into.

As far as issues go there's not much to comment on the 2014 Ram's as they are just starting to hit dealer lots and customers. Not too many people have posted reviews yet. From what I've read no one is having problems though.

The main thing to look out for is the gear ratio... last year quite a few people were getting their trucks delivered with the wrong gears because of a material shortage. The only other issue I can think of with the newer Ram's is the 8.4an radio.... again a few people have had issues with those but it seems to pretty much be resolved by now. Other than that they are great trucks! You won't be disappointed.
Dang, looks like you're right. V6 isn't available in those trims. I think the V6 EcoDiesel was available in the Laramie, but that's not what I want. I guess I'm wanting the Outdoorsman, just wish I could get it a little more fancy. I'm looking a lot at the fuel economy, coming from an ecoboost, I was getting pretty good gas mileage and having around 365 HP. Man, I was really liking the real wood and how nice the interior was in that Longhorn! I just can't get over how nice it was...
2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Crew Cab Big Horn (3.21 gears) - Black Ext. Black/Grey Int. Mods include: Weathertech Digital Floormats, Limo Tint + Windshield, 2.5" HBS Leveling Kit, Blacked out badges, LED bulbs Interior/Exterior, 13" Stubby AntennaX, In-Cab Air Filter Mod, 18" Ultra Baron Wheels & 275/70R18 Nitto Trail Grapplers.