View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 09:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

The only real issue that I could see being carried over from 2013 to the 14 Ram is the radio thing. There are a lot of complaints of radio issues here on this site but compared to how many were produced at large... that is very few.

I don't think Ram really had any MAJOR hiccups minus the rear axle ratio's being incorrect on window stickers in 2013.

If it were me I would buy the Longhorn with the Hemi/8 Speed and carry on. You will NEVER love the 2 MPG you get more with the V6 over all of the options and luxury you get with the higher trims. Leather, passive keyless entry, push button start, heated seats/steering wheel and cooled seats. The list goes on for creatures comforts. I honestly could care less about MPG's at that point.

You are buying a truck.. it won't get great MPG's but you certainly aren't getting bad MPG's. My 2001 Ram got bad MPG's.

Just for the record I am driving a 2009 Ram with 70k on the clock.. the first of it's model year. It has been flawless for me. These newer Ram's, in my opinion, are much better built and more reliable.

Do yourself a favor and buy the nice loaded Ram and be happy.

Chrome... in moderation.