View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 06:03 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2011 Dodge Ram, Quad Cab
Trim Level: ST with combo packag
Color: white
Rep:136
Dancianne will become famous soon enoughDancianne will become famous soon enough
Default Cheapo gasoline vs. brand names

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygi View Post
Yeah I just stick with brand name stuff. If its got ethanol than so be it but its gonna be better than all the cheap discount gases. Some say its all the same but I say there's gotta be a reason why the cheap stuff is cheaper. Now that you mention it though just for shits and giggles I think I will find a station that doesn't use ethanol and see if there's an MPG difference. Would probably take till the 2nd tank before the CPU makes any necessary adjustments to benefit from it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is a listing of known gasoline brand names which meet the EPA's current minimum standards to be called Top Tier. That refers to the amount of detergent additives. So, indeed some of the lower cost brands of fuel may be doing so by blending in less detergent, but if I'm not mistaken, since 1995 all gasoline sold today must contain detergent.

TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:USACanada76 StationsChevron CanadaAloha PetroleumEssoBPPetro-CanadaChevronShell CanadaConocoCountryMarkEntec StationsExxonHawaii Fueling Network (HFN)Holiday Stationstores, Inc.Kwik Trip / Kwik StarMFA Oil Co.Mileage StationsMobilOhana FuelsPhillips 66 Quik TripRoad RangerScheirl OilShellTexacoTri-Par Oil Co.U.S. Oil