View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 01:11 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 1500
Rep:10
tonyhon is on a distinguished road

Hi. I was busy so didn't come back on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bix View Post
..Need to know if rear only resistors are enough to stop hyperblink with LED's front and rear.

Sort of hyjaked this thread, sorry. I'll start a new one......

bix
You will need resistor for each LED turn signal you changed, so I used 4 in total. As for the DRL thing, I am not sure what's stock, but this config just worked for me.

Both resistors get hot, I was testing it and touch it after a minute, it started to warm up already. Just be safe don't have it touch any plastic or wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalgordon View Post
Are those visor mirrors with lights stock? Id like to get a mirror with lights on the driver side. (mine did not come with it, only the passenger has a mirror but no light).

good job on the LED's. I put led's in my bed. but I hooked it up to 2 6V lantern batteries (ran in a series to get 12V). I wanted to go this route just in case I didnt like it or want to fully tap into the power of the truck at a later time.
The light on visor is stock for my car, but who knows what's standard, Dodge Ram have hundreds of different configuration even for the same model, I was so confuse when I buy mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hemster View Post
Is there an info page on the footwell setup? I tried to search but couldn't find anything. Where can I buy / how do I install?

Thanks, Pete
Hi Pete, if you just want to setup footwell LED that goes with the dome light only (no custom turn on switch), it's pretty easy. You can spice 2 wire from the driver side panel (panel you will see after you open your door).

I will try to get some pictures for you in the next few days. I saw it on the internet before, but somehow I couldn't find it again. Come back to see pictures again. If you want the switch I have, I can also post the info, just a little more work if you want that done.

Thanks