View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Ram ORE 4x4 5.9L
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:55
Wh1t3nukle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by richmond View Post
Took a quick trip up Scotts Ridge across the other side of the Rolling Fork. Some of the ruts up could swallow a VW. I can't make the last 70' up due to condition of the trail (now if I could borrow a Wh1t3nukle truck or a Power Wagon) and had back up I might could.

Edit, would have photos while driving up, but by myself (which one should not do). R...
HAHAHAH

Well, it is terrain dependent and good idea not risking it being solo. Wheel spin and tire pressure are factors that should not be overlooked. I don't have any recent mud pics, but this can fill some time.

This is picture from May 2012 showing my temporary winch mount that was needed for this trail maintenance exercise. Getting up an over wasn't too bad and pulling cable was needed b/c of where the driver front tire was. This happened only b/c the evaporative canister is on the passenger frame rail...but hangs below it. So we were avoid damage to it as i had not gotten time to relocate it up higher.

Now this is a couple months ago on the same obstacle. No issue now other than constant double checking of driveshaft clearance. I had to square up just right coming up so that the rear end would not slip in the passenger direction....to kiss the rear driveshaft. It worked out.

http://youtu.be/PegHRWRP1vM