Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2009 Dodge Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT Chrome package
Color: Deep Water Blue
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
RSH-2112 is on a distinguished road

My first Dodge. Nice ride and no issues so far. 30,000 miles yesterday.
I was curious about the spark plugs and decided to join here. I have not done anything to my truck except de-badge it.

I paid $70.00 for 4 oil changes and 2 tire rotations. I have an extended warranty also.

I got two quotes today.
The first dealer (the one I bought from and have used since it was brand new) came back with a $1200 dollar quote!

I called back and they had many things on the quote that did not need to be done.
I told them I only needed the plugs, oil change with filter and air filter.
Cannot believe they wanted to rip me off.

The second dealer answered the phone and told me right up front exactly what I said above. Just a few bucks more, but did not try and take me for more money and services I do not need yet.

When I get there tomorrow, (first original dealer) I am going to tell them this and ask them if they want to continue to get my business, they need to be more truthful and actually look at whats required in the maintenance schedule.

Not real sure if it was a mistake? Or an attempt to perform more work than the schedule requires? I asked for a quote on a 30,000 mile scheduled maint? No more no less. What do you guys think?

Crooks or mistake?