View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2000 Ram ORE 4x4 5.9L
Trim Level: Laramie SLT
Color: White
Engine: 1998-2001 360ci (5.9L) Magnum V8 245hp(standard), 250hp(Sport package)
Rep:55
Wh1t3nukle will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by walightner View Post
Ok, guys. I have a problem. My ram is lifted on 38s and I currently run stock steering gear/ pump. The problem is that my steering wheel will just freely spin with no feed back at the tires (very dangerous). This normally takes place between 20 mph and up. It has, however done it at lower speeds. When I originally did all the work on the truck, I put an AGR gear on it and it held up for a few months and then started do the "death slip". Due to lack of funds, I replaced it with a stock unit and it started slipping within the first 100 miles of its use. Could this be a pump issue or do I have to hunt down a better steering gear? Any help is appreciated!
Steering gear box can handle those tires for just street driving. You got an AGR gear box and did you talk to them? Warranty etc.?

What have you done with the power steering pump?

Bleeding the system can be a little bit of a tedious effort and recommended to be done with 2 people.

This reads more like a pump issue and assumes the rest of your steering is intact such as tie rod ends, adjusters, steering shaft, etc.

Can you put the front axle on jack stands and report what happens when turning lock to lock about 40 times? Look at the PS fluid level in the pump....