Vehicle: 2012 Ram
Trim Level: Big Horn Quad Cab
Color: White
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:45
tguil is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by toober View Post
Does nobody here do it themselves or was that just a bad hour to post at for responses?
I've been touching up scratches on trucks and cars for over 50 years, but without seeing the scratch, I am not really comfortable offering advice. If you can feel the scratches with your fingernail and at the same time see white (primer) you are going to need to use touch up basecoat (paint). Then you have to decide if you want to top it with clearcoat (mixed opinions on this step).

Because you were rather "naive" on debadging, I suggest that you take your truck to a good detail shop and/or body shop to see what they suggest.

As far as doing your own repair, here is the best single website showing procedures for do-it-yourself paint repairs. Whatever you choose to do, it will not be as good as new, especially with your paint color. http://guidetodetailing.com/damage-r...repair-clinic/

Sorry you messed up.
2012 White Hemi 1500 QC, 4X4, Big Horn Edition, Protection Group, Luxury Group, 3.92 Anti-Spin, Mopar Bedliner, Mopar Tubular Side Steps, Mopar Molded Mud Guards, Access Roll Up Tonneau, Michelin LTX M/S 2's