View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 09:54 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 RCSB Ram
Trim Level: ST
Color: White
Engine: 2008-20?? 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 310hp 330lb/ft
Rep:460
Hornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of lightHornet is a glorious beacon of light

As Asur says,you won't notice much from bolt-ons with-out a tuner.
I have the Airraid CAI kit/ Magnaflow cat back dual exhuast and a ported 78mm throttle body on my 13's 4.7 and other then making my wallet lighter by close to 1500 bucks the mods aren't really noticable.
Just a heads up if your doing the exhuast,if you go hog wild on pipe size,the truck will lose percious bottem end torque,it gets it back above 4,000,but if you need grunt i'd stay away from a dual exhuast style kit.
Do a muffler on the stock system if you have the 3" pipe single exhuast,you'll be happier and money ahead.

Nobody says anything about doing the cabin air filter mod,i find it to be one of the best mods i've done to mine.
Keeps the interior noticably cleaner with less dust.

If we're listing mods (plus the ones listed above) , mines been dropped 2" front and rear , Mopar mudflaps , colour matched bumpers / grill , upgraded 17" rims , Mopar tonnue cover / Mopar bedrug / Mopar bedlight kit , Stampede chrome bug deflector / Weathertech clear in channel vent visors , debadged (courtesy the better 1/2) , manual sliding rear window , switched to Redline synthetic oils in motor and rear diff at 1500 miles.
Still want a tuner,but that might never happen for us 13 guys with a 4.7.

If you want mods you can feel,look at a torque convertor swap and deeper rear gears,they'll give you something you can feel,and if you don't get carried away on convertor stall speed and how deep the gears are, it'll still be daily drivable.

Last edited by Hornet; 10-02-2013 at 10:00 PM.