View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 08:46 PM
I push the skinny pedal

Vehicle: 2009 Blown 349 Hemi
Trim Level: Sport - Modified
Color: Brilliant Black/Snake Skin Green
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:3283
CdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond reputeCdnoilRAM has a reputation beyond repute

You can run straight stainless headers with no issues, I did on my '07 for the better part of 2 years. The reason we all say get the ceramic coating is because it drastically reduced under hood temps, but for he I had a ram-air hood with heat extractors, so I never had a whole lot of air trapped under the hood.

To most people, the performance gains of long tubes outweighs the simplicity of a shorty install. If you get a proper header kit you get the headers catted mid-pipes, and y-pipe. A good kit will come with the O2 sensor extension harness, so there's not a whole lot of modification required.

If you just get the header manifold, then yes, you'll need to relocate everything and it'll be a PITA.