Old 10-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 RAM
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:64
NWRQC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
I'm thinking you meant high sulfer tunes, not low. Highway diesel is already ultra low sulfer.

Up here in Canada I don't have to worry proving that it's not a street driven vehicle. We don't have the same EPA standards restricting that.

I just talked to a supplier up here in Canada and apparently they are still producing H&S tuners capable of deleting for countries other than the US. Prices have definitely skyrocketed up here because of the EPA issues in the States though.

So my first question.... you can run an H&S MiniMaxx race tuner without having done the DPF delete right off the bat?? I thought you had to delete the DPF as soon as you installed the tuner. Or is that a setting when you tune it?
Second question, what exactly does the transmission tuning give you? Firmer shifting and better shift points I'm assuming? Will it give me any problems down the road on a completely stock 68rfe tranny?

I have a line right now on a MiniMaxx Race Tuner, Flo-Pro downpipe and DPF delete pipe, and a Sinister EGR delete kit for $1800. I figure that's not a bad deal for all 3 of those seeing as the tuner itself is $1600 anywhere you look online. I'm just trying to get the guy to include the shipping in the $1800 and then I'll probably buy the set up.
Yes you can run a "race" tuner on stock truck. When setting it up it asks if the DPF is present or not, if so just select yes and it loads different tuning.
The OD tuning offers firmer shifts, extended shift points ( no more lugging in 6th at 40mph). You can select the settings that suit you best. The transmission is completely changed and performs way better. I could never go back to not having it.. It's designed to prolong the life of your stock transmission and is very similar to the tuning that RevMax uses on their aftermarket transmissions. It's well worth the money spent.