View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 01:15 PM
Lifted Cummins Fanatic

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 CCSB 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie Limited
Color: Mineral Grey Metallic
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:1990
brandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant futurebrandonjansen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqudayo View Post
1. Yes that's how I ran it as a Gauge pod at first for a week
2. Then I installed the tuner without any deletes. after 2 months now (last night) I did the delete deleted the EGR and the cooler. the truck is riding like a different truck the Torque was 1,100 and my mileage on the way into work today was 23.2 MPG. tomorrow the PDF comes off and clean from the turbo back. all I had to do last night was re install the tuner and walla a new truck.
I also changed the intake horn parts used was BD horn, and inter-cooler pipe, H&S EGR / cooler delete, exhaust is MBRP turbo back, Tuner H&S Miny Maxx with the Trans Package. And as you said it does all that to the trans you can read everything on the website.

Tuner with Trans 1,400.
BD Horn with inter-cooler pipe 375.
H&S EGR delete 50.
exhaust 400.
The smile on my face when I hit the pedal PRICELESS ..
Nice! Thanks for the info. I just read your post in your build thread and like I said in there, it's got me even more stoked to do this!
By the savings in fuel alone the tuner/deletes will pay for themselves within 2 years. Plus the added power and knowing my engine is running that much better and cleaner, it doesn't make sense not to do it. The only risk is the fact that if anything happens to the engine it's on my dime rather than the dealers.... That's the one part that worries me a little bit.

That's a really good deal for all those parts! I'm assuming you bought your tuner a while ago before the issues with H&S and the EPA that jumped the prices way up? Where'd you get your parts?

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited Cummins Build Thread
8" BDS Long Arm Lift with Fox 2.0 Shocks | Dual Fox 2.0 Steering Stabilizer | 37x13.5 Toyo MT's | AMP Powersteps & Bedstep | Bakflip G2 | Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover | 5000K Morimoto HID's (lows and fogs)
H&S MiniMaxx Custom Tuned | 4" Flo Pro Stainless TBE | Sinister EGR Delete | ARP 425 Head Studs | 4.56 AAM/Yukon Gears | S&B Intake | Instagram: @brandonjansen
Guide to Leveling & Wheel and Tire Sizing for 06+ 4wd Ram 1500's