View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2010 Dodge Ram 2500HD
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:563
Iqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to allIqudayo is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Black 4x4 Hemi View Post
So I'm a hemi lover through and through. I think I have gas in my veins and I love the sound of a gas V8 winding up.....that said I'm feeling like my next truck will be a 3/4 ton. With Chrysler really drawing a line in the sand of trucks that are mom-mobiles and trucks that work I'm kind of in a weird spot because it's my daily driver, BUT it pulls cows and a flat bed and hauls wood etc....nothing that would requires a CTD though. I'm kind of hoping the 6.4 hemi will solve my problem but I'm not feeling optimistic.

It was a no-brainer till yesterday when I finally drove a Power Wagon and was underwhelmed with the performance. The rear end is low but I guess the frame is too heavy and it just doesn't roll like I think it should. My 08 although being significantly lighter has higher gears so I figured I'd get about the same "seat-of-the-pants" feeling. Boy was I WRONG!

I drove a CTD about 3 weeks ago and wasn't exactly thrilled either, but liked it better than the PW. I felt like there was a ton of turbo lag and that pulling out onto the street that the 800 ft lbs must be on out to lunch until I was already running a good clip. Imagine my surprise to see that I had a 3.42 rear end and there are no options. This is problematic to me because the truck will get 35s ASAP and I know it's just going to feel more sluggish after that. So I'm thinking about maybe a manual if I go the CTD route? Was it all a break-in issue? Are the motors that bogged down with emissions crap? To say I'm scared to death to delete is an understatement, CAI and an exhaust are easy bolt-ons I'd do. I'll also add that a $7700-$8200 option makes me wanna puke. Did you guys get extra good deals because there are Cummins always on the lot?

We all know that mileage isn't the first priority but if it isn't going to be high teens unloaded Im going to have problems justifying it. All that said, I hate to admit it but if Chrysler is going to keep the current ring gear line up they need to re-gear their 6 speeds to have a few lower ratios like.....<gasp> Ford.

Thanks in advance!

Luke
Ok m two cents do it and don't look back the power is incredible, the longevity is great it all depends on what you want if you look at a 2010 I believe that was the last year of the truck without the additive having to be added. witch means it would be an easier delete process. and for the record I did my delete last night and all I have to say is I wish I would of done it as soon as I brought the truck home. As for the maintenance everyone complains about everything has a maintenance cost to it the only cost I have had with my truck has been regular scheduled maintenance oil change, differentials, trans fluid, shocks, you get the picture. I don't deal with all the other issues that gas engines have I am by no means knocking them but every time someone mentions a diesel truck some one goes around talking how they are more expensive to maintain. Ohhh we use more oil then a gas engine big deal we will be driving our truck longer also....
Sorry I had to get it off my chest I'm done

To many mods to list ask and I shall give you all the information, and help I can.
Everything from outside to interior.