Old 10-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2007 RAM
Engine: 2007-2011 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 650lb/ft
Rep:64
NWRQC will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post

Oh okay, awesome! Thanks for the info! I was definitely a fan of the transmission tuning on my 1500 so I'm sure it would be that much better on my Cummins.
Check with Anarchy diesel as well. They have been tuning EFI-live since the beginning of time and do MCC tuning as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjansen View Post
Nice! Thanks for the info. I just read your post in your build thread and like I said in there, it's got me even more stoked to do this!
By the savings in fuel alone the tuner/deletes will pay for themselves within 2 years. Plus the added power and knowing my engine is running that much better and cleaner, it doesn't make sense not to do it. The only risk is the fact that if anything happens to the engine it's on my dime rather than the dealers.... That's the one part that worries me a little bit.

That's a really good deal for all those parts! I'm assuming you bought your tuner a while ago before the issues with H&S and the EPA that jumped the prices way up? Where'd you get your parts?
A safe bet is to figure about 3mpg increase over stock, depending on your driving. Remember that once tuned you won't be able to go off what the EVIC displays because some of the sensor signals that it uses to calculate mpg are being altered by the tuner. I wish mine was accurate when it tells me im averaging 20+mpg, but reality kicks in once I hand calculate and see the 14-15mpg I'm actually getting
You're engine will be a lot happier once it's not breathing it's own farts and filtering them out the back end. Look into Diamond eye exhaust systems as well. I think I paid $280 shipped for my 4" TBE.