View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 06:28 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:212
Ramzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbezzek524 View Post
I have a 2013 Dodge Ram 1500 express 5.7L and I average about 13.5 MPG and i would like for that to increase. WHat do you guys recommend I do. I have already removed the muffler and straight piped it. What else can I do, CAI or Throttle Body spacer. Please give me some insight.
Average is a cross between highway and city driving so if you are getting 13.5 I would guess it is mostly local city driving. Not much room to stretch your legs in NJ unless you drive the Turnpike or Parkway. To much traffic in that state so it will be hard to increase the average to any significance.

Biggest effect you can have is to coast as much between traffic lights as you can when they turn red up ahead and do slow starts from dead stops and avoid high traffic times, rush hour.

Just to give you an idea of of average differences, I just completed a cross country trip and the average for one leg of the trip for my truck was 19.3 for 3,000 miles doing speed limits of 65 thru 75 mph and 1000 miles of mountain range stuck in for good measure. It was about 16.9 going back but that was because I ran into heavy rains and high head winds for about 1/4 of the trip

If I do local driving I am down to 13 to 14.5 depending on traffic and stoplights. My EPA average is 18 to 13 for this truck

I have no mods except a soft cover on the bed of the truck.