View Single Post
Old 10-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2009 Ram CC 4X4
Trim Level: SLT, Big Horn
Color: Black Pearl coat
Engine: 2009-2010 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:218
Ramzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura aboutRamzaq has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawgdriver14 View Post
Hey guys,

New to the forum but am hoping someone with some dealership experience can help me out. I own a 2009 Ram 1500 SLT. Had the clicking noise with my HVAC system and took it in recently for recall K17. Before the repairs, I could get cold or hot air but couldn't control where the air was going. After said work, it only blows warm air now and I was told that the actuator doors were replaced and the head reprogrammed. I was also told that a new control head was needed, to the tune of 265 dollars. Can someone tell me if I'm having the wool pulled over my eyes? I feel as though I am and when I asked why the system only blows warm air they gave me the standard answer of "the system is tricky with things like this and could be anything internal failing." Many thanks.
It sounds like they screwed something up. Your original problem definitely sounds like the blend door motor, (see my post above) only blows out the lower outlets both hot and cold air.

I would take it to another dealer and tell them what the original problem was and what was done to fix it and tell them you have a new problem now after the fix, only hot air blowing now.

The blend door motor is a simple fix really so if they replaced all the motors for the doors it might be a bad motor for the temperature blend or they updated the program wrong somehow. Not totally sure but I think the motor to blend hot and cold is behind the glove box.

This is just speculation on my part.

Last edited by Ramzaq; 10-04-2013 at 07:12 PM.