View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 12:02 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2012 Dodge Ram
Rep:77
Doom4life will become famous soon enough

So I just wanted to give an update to this continuing saga.

I gave Chrysler Canada a call, as I wanted something official on record. I spoke to a case manager who ensured that this issue would get addressed and that they would contact the dealership and work with them to make sure it gets fixed.

I made an appointment this past Monday (September 30) and was looking forward to getting a final fix. Dropped it off at 8:15 and was called at 3:00 saying it was ready. When I got to the dealership, the paperwork stated that they lubricated the tracks and adjusted the glass (this is probably the fifth or sixth time that this has been done).

So I humored them and got in the truck and operated the sunroof. Nice and quiet - although I know enough know not to get excited.

Got a call from Chrysler Canada yesterday (Thursday, October 3) wondering how the repair was and I told them right now it works as it should, but I am not holding my breathe as it usually takes around 3-5 days to come back. Sure enough, that evening while I was operating it, it opened with a thunk and is now consistantly doing it.... %$#!!!!!

So I'm bringing it back in this Monday and have notified Chrysler Canada what is going on.

Anyone know anything about these sunroofs? What could that noise be coming from and why does it seem to be fixed for a few days just to come back?