Old 10-06-2013, 01:07 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
ChrisG is on a distinguished road

I ordered an A.R.E. MX last weekend and am eagerly awaiting it. I looked at quite a few and liked the design/options on the A.R.E. best. I wanted slightly higher than the cab, but not a huge difference, and I also wanted win-doors on the sides, so A.R.E. seemed the best option and I like the way they look. I was also originally drawn to their full rear lift gate option with "walk-in" door that replaces the tailgate, but I ultimately decided to just go with a standard rear window instead.

Don't have too much experience with caps other than that. We have a Leer on the F-150 I use most of the time at work and it's fine - there are a few other local fire service pickups with them too, but I think that's mostly because that's what our local dealer sells (had to go to San Jose to get my A.R.E.). Have heard about a few leak problems from one department, but nothing major.

Had a SnugTop tonneau on my old personal F-150 - it was fine too, but seemed like the fit/finish wasn't quite right. It rubbed my bed rails badly in a few spots and the hinge setup always seemed a bit cheesy to me.