Old 10-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2014 Ram CC Sport
Trim Level: 1500 Sport CC
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:10
mr.jason is on a distinguished road

The sad fact is with CHY using the CANbus electronics you can do very little to improve the stock system, by switching out to different 2ohm speakers, the Hamon Kardon 2,000.00 stock system in my 13 SRT Challenger is not much to brag on either and not worth what I paid.

The PAC Audio Gizmo to use different amps & speakers to retain your steering and all radio controls IS NOT a good choice, I have done this in the past with other SRT CANBUS electronics you will loose all control of Base, Mid, Trebel built into the head unit....it zeros out all control...but it does work.

Best option is the 360 from Rockford Fosgate it allows you to totally tune and adapt any amps and speakers and has a plethora of xross-over and equalizer settings...it will keep all of the factory nav,steering and everything else to control....but it is expensive....

The 2nd option is the JL Audio clean sweep, I have used this in 2 cars it's cheaper but has a few drawbacks and limitations...

If you want to truly do it right the first time you MUST get the 360 from Rockford Fosgate, that's what I'm doing, buy it then when you have extra money get the amp, then speakers and so forth....

Jay