View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:2008
Arth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond reputeArth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjenkins View Post
I thought I read somewhere that the electric power steering was so the engine could be shut down on stops to save fuel. Mine stays running. Is this still in the works?
Tom
I am confused as to what the question is here. Are you saying you can still turn your steering wheel easily without the truck engine on?

As far as I knew the electric steering was mainly implemented to improve steering response, eliminate the need for power steering fluid, and over all it increased efficiency of the engine by 5% because the drop from the pump is gone.

Also if you are referring to the start stop technology that is only available on the High Efficiency Model (HFE). Honestly that truck might be going away here soon with the new EcoDiesel gets the MPG's it is rumored to.

Chrome... in moderation.