View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2001 Dodge Ram
Rep:10
mack8403 is on a distinguished road
Default Rough ride - bad/wrong shocks?

First off, being new to the forum I feel I should make it known I am not a mechanic by any means.

That being said, I recently replaced the shocks on my 01 5.9L Ram 1500 and now it rides rougher than ever. When driving down the road I feel every bump or crack and it rides VERY stiff, like there is no give at all. I had someone drive it and give me their opinion and they had to get out and make sure I didn't have a 3500, it was so rough. Occasionally if I am going fast enough and go over a big enough bump I will hear a loud clunking noise in the front and rear.

Before replacing the shocks I had both upper and lower balls joints replaced and then after I did the shocks, I got new tires (were mounted and balanced at the shop).

So I guess my question is, are the shocks I put on bad or did the parts store give me the wrong size? I don't remember the exact model of shocks but they are Gabriel. From the research I have done and getting under the truck, to my knowledge my truck is stock with no lift.

Thanks for any and all help!
Sponsored links