View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 PM
God Bless Texas!

Vehicle: 2005 Ram 1500
Trim Level: Lonestar QC
Color: White
Engine: 2002-2007 287ci (4.7L) PowerTech V8 235hp 295lb/ft
Rep:2918
RogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond reputeRogerRamJet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl View Post
A couple of weeks ago my truck wouldn't start. After several times trying to turn the key, it finally started. But I took it to the dealer and they basically did nothing. Said it was probably a fluke and would never happen again. Well last Thursday, it wouldn't start with first time turning key that morning. Then 2nd time it cranked right up. Then that afternoon I went out to start it to go home and I tried 5-6 times and nothing. I turned the key to the on position and took truck out of park and put it into drive then back to park. Turned the key and she started right up. I promptly took it to a mechanic that does all my oil changes. He put a machine on it and checked the battery, alternator and then tried to start it. He said it was using way too many amps to start. He said it read 500 amps. He said starter should only pull around 275-300 amps. He said more than likely it was the starter. I called dealer and the manager got on the phone. He said they can't do anything until they can get it to reproduce what it's been doing. He also said that 500 amps didn't mean it was starter problems.

When it doesn't start, it does one click and then nothing. Any thoughts or ideas? Also is there a certain amount of pulling amps that is considered too much?
Any updates on this Texasgirl? Any resolution yet?