Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2011 2500 Ram 4x4
Trim Level: Big Horn
Color: Silver
Engine: 2011-20?? 409ci (6.7L) Cummins Turbo Diesel 350hp 800lb/ft
Rep:10
Blownsquidink is on a distinguished road
Default OPEC Loves Me

Hi all, I have a 2011 Ram 4x4 crew cab short bed with a 6.7L cummins. I bought it in May with 18,327 miles on it, and I changed the oil the very next day. At the beginning of Aug and at 21, 439 miles the change oil message came up on the dash. I called the local dealer and asked what was going on. They said that I shouldn't worry about and I shouldn't have to change the oil until at least 7000 mile intervels. Well being the person I am, I couldn't go with that. So, I changed the oil anyway. Now it's early Oct and I have 24,692 miles on it and it's telling me that I need to change the oil again. So in just over 6000 miles I'm about to change the engine oil for the 3rd time. I reset the counter every time I change the oil, so At 3 gallons of Delvac Mobile 1 10w-40wt syn oil plus filter it's not a cheap date to be changing the oil every 3000 miles. I do idle the engine for about 5-6 minutes in the morning and for about a minute to a minute and a half once I get to work, just to to cool the turbo down a bit before I shut it down. But, What the BALLS is going on!!! Is anyone else out there dealing with this??? Is there a sensor that goes off early because idle so much??? Should I just reset the counter and push it out the manufacture reccommended intervel of 7000 miles??? Or should I just suck it up and drop a hundred dollar bill every 3000 miles and chock it up to cheap insurance??? I look forward to hearing from you all.
Sponsored links