Old 10-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500
Trim Level: SLT
Color: True Blue Pearl
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:159
CaptDuff has a spectacular aura aboutCaptDuff has a spectacular aura about

Guess I should update my experience with this now.

Based on this thread, I to went with the Maxlux HID system from Amazon, bought lows and fogs at the same time. 2 days later it all shows up, super fast from FLA to WIS.

Started with the fogs cause mostly they are the truest plug and play, and they were. Easy install.

Got to the dreaded taking the front end apart to get the lows done, took my time with doing the first light, passenger side cause I didn't want to mess it up. Made sure everything was right, tested, and it worked. Awesome. Put the passenger side all back in, get to the driver side.

Took everything out and drilled the whole in the cover, took the light to put in, it's the wrong type bulb!!!!! They somehow packaged a 9006 in a box for H11. So shoot Maxlux an email saying what's up, they say they'll send a replacement out right away, 2-3 days again. Temporarily put the truck back together to wait.

A WEEK later and still no replacement bulb. Write another email, they say they apologize and send it out again right away, 2-3 days till it gets here.

So I'm now over a week and a half that I haven't driven my truck cause the front end is all hand tightened screwed together and not having 1 headlight. What I thought was gonna be an easy process has turned almost into a clusterfu__, and now having to push back scheduling getting a spray in bed liner as well.