View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 08:22 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4
Trim Level: Sport quad cab
Color: Bright Silver Metallic
Engine: 2003-2008 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 345hp 375lb/ft
Rep:355
starquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nicestarquestbd22 is just really nice

First off, beautiful truck. Congrats on the new ride!

Second, yeah I agree with Roger. That intake looks cool but I can guarantee you that it is hurting your performance. It may not hurt it enough for you to notice from behind the wheel but it is hurting it. The stock Ram airbox and intake assembly is actually pretty efficient as far as stock systems go. Not to mention, if that intake is a cheapo no-name, there's no telling what kind of filters those are or how much filtering they are actually doing. I would either put it back to stock or spend the money to get a reputable name brand CAI like an S&B or something similar. It's gonna run you $200-300. If you don't want to spend that much, I would simply put it back to stock.
06-08 chrome clads w/33" Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus, Mopar tailgate spoiler, debadged door trim & tailgate emblems, 13" antenna, LED dome & maps, Magnaflow 22" SI/DO, 18% tint, "HEMI" hood spears, VHT tinted tails & third brake light, Lamin-x optic blue fogs, leveled w/McGaughys 2" drop shackles.