Old 10-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 3500
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Maximum Steel Matallic
Rep:62
crabjoe will become famous soon enough

Reactivating thread!!

My truck is now at the local rail yard, waiting to be delivered to the dealer.

As of yesterday, I had my dealer run my credit to see what rate they could get me on a 72 month loan... They came back with 1.89% with BoA and 1.69% with Capital One Auto. I can go Alliante CU @ 1.89%, with a $100 bonus or 1.49% with auto draft..

Originally, I was going to go with Cap 1, but after speaking with a few people, I'm not so sure... I was told I do NOT want Capital One Auto, on my credit report, because they are a known subprime auto lender... They stated, no matter how good my credit might be, under a manual review for future credit, Cap 1 auto will stick out like sore thumb and if I was border line, it would put me into a "Decline" category.

I guess what I need to know is if there's anyone else I should look at for financing and what anyone's thought are on going with Cap 1. Also, is there anyone else I should be looking at? I'm thinking about going with BoA because they have branches all around me and I like the idea of being able to walk in to make a payment ... but that Cap 1 rate is really bothering me... even though the savings is only a few dollars a month..