View Single Post
  #106  
Old 10-10-2013, 10:24 PM
dawoodsman dawoodsman is offline
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Up North, Minnesota
Posts: 232
Gender: Male
Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep Power: 2
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough
Default

OK Uconnect is still not working for me but I was able to get the download from the mega site to work. The instructions that were posted here do not open so just saved it to the hard drive and moved a copy to the USB drive, took that to the truck, plugged it in, turned the truck on to the accessories point--and waited.

In short order I was asked in text on the radio screen if I wanted to run the update . said yes, and away it went. Didn't take too long, but did appear to hang up a few times. The first time was as Bighorn posted---around 40% of the way through module ten. Then it hung up a bit on module 11 too. I left the console cover open and could see the drive flashing at times even when it appeared to be doing nothing based on the screen progress report--proof things were still churning away.

After it hit 100% I did not get a message to pull the drive out--so I didn't, waiting to see what would happen.

After a short time the radio update message came back on again--asking me again if I wanted to update my version to the version on the thumb drive--which was the one I just downloaded of course. So it appears the update shuts itself off to allow for a reset, even though nothing on the screen tells you it is done (other than the download progress bar hitting 100).

Not long after I pulled the drive out I saw the 3G symbol come on in the lower right corner.

I noticed my radio settings were off, interestingly they were not completely zeroed to base (i.e. some of my presets were there), so I reset them. Not sure I had to, wonder if the system might have caught up eventually. Instructions would have been nice there!

Sattellite radio was set to the favorites I had before, no change needed there. I didn't check anything else in great detail but it appeared there were more options in some of the menus than I remembered.

I don't know why the mega download started working again when it wouldn't earlier. Maybe worth a try if others failed the first time too.

Last edited by dawoodsman; 10-11-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote