Vehicle: 2013 Ram 1500 Crew
Trim Level: Outdoorsman
Color: True Blue Peal/Mineral Gray
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:92
dawoodsman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob225 View Post
I tried to upload to truck. Nothing happened so I assume I have to register UConnect first. I'll try it tomorrow.
Maybe someone with the instructions can help (if they are detailed enough), but my thinking is if you have the correct file on your thumb/flash drive the system should start on its own after you place it in the truck's usb port and turn the truck key to accessories.

Do you have the right update? There's one of the radios without NAV and a different one for those with NAV.

I don't believe these things have to be a problem, but was told by Uconnect staff to make sure:

- you have no personal files on your USB thumb drive--this doesn't mean no files, they will have some software and a file or two on them that came with them. But delete any personal stuff.

- avoid high capacity drives. I was told 8 meg or less is best. The small ones are real cheap these days.

I don't know if either of those are required, I do think they help in getting the most clean and fast install you can. Plus I would bet the first thing Uconnect tech folks would do if you call with an installation isssue is to point to one of those two issues as the problem, even when it isn't.

If you did all that I'd be curious to see if logging in makes a difference for you. It is possible that is required to "prep" your radio I suppose. Would be nice if Dodge would tell you that if it is but they don't seem to be too inclined to make this easy for us or dealers!

Last edited by dawoodsman; 10-11-2013 at 10:07 AM.