View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 06:38 PM
Ram Ham

Vehicle: 2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Laramie
Color: Mineral Gray Metallic
Engine: 2009-2012 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:1464
KA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud ofKA1OTE has much to be proud of

My tint is done. Now have 35% front, 5% eyebrow and (I believe) 20% factory rear. I am very pleased with the work overall but...

The eyebrow did not turn out the way I had wanted. I showed them one of dodgert's pictures and explained how I want the bottom of the tint strip to be even with the bottom of the center applique and then bow out.. identical to the picture. This is not how my strip ended up. They explained that they had to shorten the width of the strip (essentially, the bottom edge cutting through the applique) because the ends by the a pillars would have ended up below the AS-1 line.. making the install illegal.

I am not so sure on this since I have seen plenty of other rigs, here and elsewhere, with a strip extending below the AS-1 line. And I was told by a UHP officer that tint strips are fine as long as the main field of view is above the AS-1 line - so the install that I wanted would have been fine.

Right now, I have mixed feelings about the strip. I am wishing I didn't have that damn applique in the middle. Without it, this tint strip would look just fine. But the way it sits now, it just looks horrible. Albeit, it is very functional.. it just appears to be out of place.

Thoughts? Any way I can fix this?

The shop I went to charged me cash and I received no receipt since they installed a, technically, illegal tint on my fronts. Do you think it is worth a try to have them redo the strip the way I want since they have already performed illegal work for me?

And pics..