View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 07:06 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 VW Jetta GLI
Color: Metalic Black
Rep:1358
Excoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud ofExcoastie has much to be proud of

It might be time to bring this thought into everyone's consciousness. This is too important to not ensure everyone is aware.

My wife was watching the show "Long Island Medium" on TLC the other night. One of the "spirits" that Theresa was "speaking" with was a teenage boy who decided that life was not worth living. He decided to go out via suicide by train. This type of thing truly pisses me off. It's bad enough to commit suicide, but to do so in a manner that puts your burden on train crews is beyond unacceptable. I know it's rough on the families, but the train crews must live with seeing that for the rest of their lives.

Fast forward to yesterday afternoon. I came within inches of taking out a Chevy Tahoe in the middle of a small Arkansas town. I was on a lightly loaded empty grain train traveling at 38 MPH. I saw this person from about 3/4 of a mile away with the rear end of her Tahoe sitting on the track. Though I was pretty much continuously blowing the horn/ whistle she didn't move until I was within about 30-40 feet of her, and AFTER I made an emergency application of the brakes.

We missed her by mere inches. Her Tahoe was between the tracks and the crossing gates. I don't know how she did it, but she pretty quickly after I stopped got the hell out of there. It took me about 20-30 minutes to recover and recharge my air brakes, so I had the entire town blocked and sewed up. No one could get from one side of the tracks to the other until I moved.... none of the 4 or 5 crossings were not blocked.

Please think and educate your loved ones. "Look, Listen, and Live" is more than just a tag line

Exco
Oracle Interior LEDs, EGR Vent Visors, Ram eyes, Husky Liner Splash Guards, R/T Badges Front and Rear, LED Light Bar, Stubby Radio Antenna, Custom Shift Knob, ARE LS II bed cover, Bed Rug, Flowmaster 50 series HD, SilverStar Ultra low beams, K&N drop in filter, MOPAR sill guards, Smitty Built nerf bars, 24% tint on the front.
Bill