Old 10-17-2013, 09:30 AM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: 2014 1500 4x4 CC Laramie 392
Trim Level: Laramie Crew Cab
Color: Bright White
Engine: 2013-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 395hp 410lb/ft
Rep:28
ramit355 is on a distinguished road

Dry weight 7700 lb Camper travel trailer with w.d. bars. Truck has air suspension, 3.92 gear, 8 speed 5.7 V-8. The trailer with all gear weight is near 8800 lbs. On board water tanks empty in Tow always. Tow rate is 10150 lbs. usually have two people in truck. The truck handles and pulls very well short or longer distance. Pulls hills very well. On open road pull about 55 to 60 mph. No sway and truck never works hard at all. Transmission temp. stays about 160. MPG in tow about 12.5 to 13.5 average. I could tow faster but never do. 55 or 60 is fine with the weight in tow and easy on the Truck. I have the fold our tow mirrors which work great. The factory trailer brake control is set to 5 and never have to adjust it at all. The motor break control on the truck is EXCELLENT on the 8 speed.I could not be any happier with this set up after having 2011 5.7 with 3.92 gear on same camper and had 2003 5.7 with 3.92 gear 5 speed.

All Laramie's with tow packages loaded with max. available on each year of trucks. Camper is a 2006 and has been pulled by all three trucks. The * 8 speed 3.92 is by far the best ever yet and could pull way over the 10150 with ease. But will not over load my set up for legal and practical issues.

The air suspension and the 8 speed make this truck pull so much better its almost a totally different pull with camper when it comes to control and "leaning" by the camper. On many pulls with other two trucks following the exact same routes to 5 different camp grounds some drawers and objects would be tossed around in the camper upon arrival. Not so with Truck, there has been no drawers or any objects moved at all upon arrival. I really cannot suggest any thing more the truck needs for camping and towing. Its just a really nice set up.Not sure how a fifth wheel would pull in same weight range as the Travel trailer since I have never pulled one in all the years of camping.

I could add maybe one thing that would be great with this truck and cannot understand why Chrysler cannot get it if I was to add an addition to what could be better.

1.The Tow mirrors should be power fold in non-tow mode.

2. The Steering wheel on the Truck should be full power tilt/telescopic function.

***Notes***

Long Pull for us is 60 to 90 miles One way.
Short Pulls is about 18 to 28 miles one way.

Last edited by ramit355; 10-17-2013 at 09:32 AM.