Originally Posted by RogerRamJet
What started this is clearly in the video. There's a turkey fryer there at the front of the garage. Probably over filled it and dropped the frozen turkey in thinking it would thaw. Been on more house fires caused by this than I care to remember. It is a shame. 100% preventable. I'm guessing the hot oil splattered on the ceiling and walls to ignite the garage, and splattered on the plastic grille and bumper of the Ram and got it a blaze.
didn't see the fryer but know exactly what you mean. part of my job calls for me to calculate 911 call stats annually. there sure are alot of house fires caused by people doing large deep fryers in their garage.
we did a deep fryed turkey camping one time, and made the same mistake. overfilled the pot. thankfully ours was on a wood fire, and we had cleared the area around the campfire, so it was kept contained. but several other campers stopped by since we lit up a rather large portion of the park.
Had a total Bill Engvall moment with it though. One of the passers by asked the inevitable - "did you set your turkey on fire?" I responded without missing a beat. "nope, just toasting really big marshmallows."