Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member

Vehicle: 2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab
Trim Level: Sport
Color: Black
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:117
Rusty289 will become famous soon enoughRusty289 will become famous soon enough
Default Power Fold Mirrors

Hey folks, just took delivery of my new 2014 CC Sport yesterday only issue was we added the trailer tow group which came with the "Big" mirrors, dealer has offered to swap them if I want to and I'm still trying to decide what to do. The trailer mirrors are nice for towing but way too damn big the rest of the year!

Also I don't think the trailer mirrors are auto dimming where the stock ones on a Sport are... I think...

Anyway, dealer tells me that if they swap them the power fold option won't work, I'm pretty sure I saw a thread about this somewhere in the 2013 forums

Has anyone done a swap on a 2014? Is there any way to make the power fold work? They say they don't think its wired for it, I wanna call BS as I can't see them wiring just those trucks different than the rest. There is however no fold futton in my truck, my thought was to swap out the door controls along with the mirrors then I would think they'd work. I can't imagine there being another power supply for just the fold option, seems simple but what the hell do I know! Lol

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.....