View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member!

Vehicle: .
Rep:4364
Asur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond reputeAsur has a reputation beyond repute

OK so by the way I decided to try this on my truck, I went out to an industrial section of my city this morning, there is a super long Highway that never got used and no one is around, so I floored my truck till about 100 and as I was WOT I turned the key to off. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa, check this out, the Key goes all the way to off, yes it passes the accessories position and goes to the off position, Now your asking yourself what did the truck do. Well the engine turned off, well not really, the inertia of the truck rolling keeps the transmission turning (don't forget I am still in drive) this keeps the engine turning, but the engine electrical's are off (key in off position) so no power to the engine. So its a mechanical movement that's turning and no accelleration is possible (its actually helping in decelerating the truck, also it keeps the power steering running (had I had the electrical steering like the 2013's it would of still worked as the Electrics of the truck are still on), the breaks were still working and the truck lights and everything inside was still on, then as I slowed the truck to the side of the road the steering became a none power steering (not a problem was going slow at this point), but still worked, column does not lock up, the truck braked fine and stopped the truck no issue. Once on the side I put it in park and all was good. Just so people know what happens.