View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Dodge Ram Forum Newcomer

Vehicle: 2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
Trim Level: SLT
Color: Black
Engine: 2001-2003 359ci (5.9L) Cummins ISB 24-Valve Diesel I6 235hp 460lb/ft (manual and auto)
Rep:10
02 Cummins Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by katokahn99 View Post
Sorry that this has been your experience. Better luck elsewhere. BUT that list hardly quallifies as "lemon."
The sad thing is, a lot of the complaints people have, are similar issues.

My 13 2500has been in for the "usual" small things. Some of which still aren't corrected.
The truck has has a loud knocking noise since right after I bought it.
Some days it sounds like a rod is about ready to come out of the block, other days it can't be heard,

NOW, it has been in since last Friday (10-11-13). The CEL light came on, and it started running crappy. Took it to the dealer, and as of today, they still don't know what is wrong, or how to fix it...

The code that is showing up doesn't tell what the issue is. They contact the "engineers" lol, and they told the dealer, we have no idea what that code is. There was never a code like this one, that was programed into the system when it was designed.

Well, this is awesome. On Monday I'm going to start making phone calls.
I don't want this thing anymore. 3,000 miles and it doesn't appear it will be fixed.
I'm staying with Ram, but want a different truck. One I can actually enjoy.
I know there are going to be small issues with any brand, but as long as they actually fix them, I can live with that