Vehicle: 2013 Dodge RAM pickup
Trim Level: Big Horn - Pkg 26Z
Color: Blue Pearl Coat
Engine: 2009-20?? 345ci (5.7L) Hemi V8 390hp 407lb/ft
Rep:39
Jackdashack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzaq View Post
It is not impossible for a Hemi to reach a reading of 25 mpg while traveling at highway speeds. With my '09 4x4 I can average right at 20 while doing 70 mph and it will hit 21 if it is just around 63 mph. Conditions have to be right, no wind and basically flat, (easy in CA) and keeping it in "Fuel Saver" (Eco) mode.

I have seen my friends '13, 4wd Hemi, 8 speed reach 25 highway so it is not impossible. Thing is it had 2k miles so it may even get a little better as it breaks in. Much of this is about driving style also it also has 3.21 rear. These are hand calculations.
Yes, well thanks for that confirmation Ramzaq. I certainly have no reason to pump up the facts. I know I have a Hemi 5.7 as it is all over the mateirals and the emblem on the side and the original sticker. It easly hits 25 to 26 mpg at 60-65 mph. Antother thing that helps maybe a bit is that I went for a 4x2 purposely which might help a bit. I don't need 4x4 around here and could not justify the extra 3 grand for it. That might give a slight edge on some mpg. I don't tow, I don't play in mud, I don't need 4x4. I got a lot for that 3 grand that I used all the time. It's been a pleasure gleaning from all of you here. It's a great forum and a great asset and resouorce. Jack ":-D